Over the 2021-22 winter the Greens Team have made some significant improvements to the course.
* To provide a fairer test, the approach to the 1st green has been reconstructed to provide a wider approach with two pot bunkers either side.
* The bunker short of the 2nd green has been reconstructed greenside.
* The 8th competition tee has been reconstructed to be larger, have better access and to be less shaded.
* The 11th tee has been relaid and treework nearby has given less shade and more airflow.
* The conifer hedge by the 1st tee has been removed to reduce shade. A further wildflower area has been created alongside the tee.
* The causeway over the Sanctuary Pond leading to the men's 14th tee has been resurfaced.
* Treework along the riverbank of the 8th hole has been carried out to reduce the flooding risk.
* Levelling work on the 7th, 10th and 15th greens should reduce puddling.
The Winter Programme for 2022-23 includes-
* Pipe drainage of the 11th and 16th greens
* Reconstruction of the greenside bunkers on the 4th hole (if funds are available)
* Construction of a fairway bunker on the dogleg of the 8th hole with removal of the trees.
* Removal of the 1st fairway bunker on the 8th hole.
* Treework to provide light and airflow to tees and greens. See the Head Greenkeeper's Report for details.
* Removal of the humps on the front right of the second green to provide better green drainage and easier machinery access.
* Reshaping of the 3rd green surround to make cutting easier and more consistent.